Friday 6 April 2012

My Guardian Angel

Amidst the crowd, I was on my own
My feet took me places, all alone
My mind was clustered with thoughts unnecessary
Making me feel sunken, yet a little wary

Wary about myself and the way I'm being perceived
By the very same crowd of people around me
Opinions, judgments, criticisms and more
Were all that came my way and all that I could see

Then came this day
In the most unexpected way
When You held my hand
And told me it'll be okay

All of a sudden, I found new hope
I began to believe now, that I can cope
I felt the courage, I gathered the strength
With You by my side, I could go to any length

It's a special bond, between Me and You
One that's rare and understood by few
A perfect connection, a soulful dedication
That guides me across troubled seas and struggles of depression

So when I think of You, I feel certain bliss
Pure love and deep content, nothing's amiss
Be the friend I need and everything will be right
I will know no worry and feel no fright

I will make it through the potholed street of life,
No matter how thin the rope or how sharp the knife
Counting on You will suffice
Because You're my Guardian Angel, a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment